Many people are drawn to Unitarian Universalism because of our involvement in social justice projects in our communities and around the world.
Our Fellowship is involved in several ways:
- KIVA Microloans
- Conscious Giving (Christmas-time Initiative): At Christmas our fellowship chooses a charity to support with cards to give indicating a gift has been given in the name of the recipient.
- Syrian Refugee Family and a Single Syrian Refugee: Our fellowship is actively involved in bringing a Syrian family with 3 children and one single Syrian man to Salt Spring Island. We will continue to support these newcomers for the first year after their arrival.
As members of the CUC (Canadian Unitarian Council), we also support:
- Canadian Unitarians for Social Justice (CUSJ)
- The Unitarian Service Committee (USC)
- Seeds for Survival Program (project of USC Canada)